Progressive Master’s Degree
At USC Annenberg, a progressive master’s degree is offered in:
- Communication Data Science (MS)*
- Communication Management (MCG)
- Digital Social Media (MS)
- Journalism (MS)
- Public Diplomacy (MPD)
- Public Relations and Advertising (MA)
- Specialized Journalism (MA)
- Specialized Journalism (The Arts) (MA)
* Note: Communication Data Science is jointly taught by USC Annenberg and USC Viterbi. The PDP application process is managed by USC Viterbi Admissions. For more information, visit USC Viterbi’s website.
If you will graduate in May 2023, attend a virtual mandatory information session hosted by USC Annenberg Admissions to learn about the degree program of interest to you and to receive application guidelines. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. However, the final deadline for journalism degree programs is April 1, 2022, and the final deadline for all other degree programs is May 1, 2022.
Instructions for December 2021 and May 2022 graduating seniors
If you wish to learn more about the degree programs, attend a virtual information session hosted by USC Annenberg Admissions. A breakout room will focus your application process.
Information sessions for Communication Data Science (MS), Communication Management (MCG), Digital Social Media (MS), and Public Diplomacy (MPD):
- Wednesday, October 13, 1–2 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 10, 12–1 p.m.
- Monday, December 6, 12–1 p.m.
Information sessions for Journalism (MS), Specialized Journalism (MA), Specialized Journalism (The Arts) (MA), and Public Relations and Advertising (MA):
- Tuesday, October 19, 1–2 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 2, 2–3 p.m.
- Thursday, December 2, 3–4 p.m.
RSVP for an information session here.