Progressive Master’s Degree
- Degree programs offered
- Instructions for USC’s Spring 2021 graduating seniors
- Instructions for all other USC undergraduate students
- Spring 2021 progressive degree information sessions
At USC Annenberg, a progressive master’s degree is offered in the following degree programs:
- Communication Data Science (MS)
- Communication Management (MCG)
- Digital Social Media (MS)
- Public Diplomacy (MPD)
- Journalism (MS)
- Specialized Journalism (MA)
- Specialized Journalism (The Arts) (MA)
- Public Relations and Advertising (MA)
USC Annenberg has opened an admission cycle using a streamlined, progressive degree application process exclusively for Spring 2021 graduating seniors who wish to pursue a master’s degree.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA at time of application
- Completion of all undergraduate courses by May 2021, including all incomplete coursework
Submit your application any time before the following deadlines:
- April 3, 2021 for Journalism (MS), Specialized Journalism (MA) and Specialized Journalism (The Arts) (MA)
- May 3, 2021 for Communication Management (MCM), Digital Social (MS), Public Diplomacy (MPD) and Public Relations and Advertising (MA)
Find the application guidelines for Spring 2021 graduating seniors here.
Admission Process and Notification
You will be notified as your application moves through the admission process. If approved by the master’s degree program, your application will be forwarded to USC Degree Progress Office for final review, entry of master’s degree on your student record and official admission notification. If not admitted to the requested degree program, you will be notified by USC Annenberg Admissions.
If you have questions about the application or admission process, contact Allyson Hill, Associate Dean of Annenberg Admissions and PDP department coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For progressive degree eligibility and USC requirements, please see the USC Undergraduate Education here. If you are a current USC first year, sophomore or junior, to learn more about USC Annenberg’s progressive degrees and the application process, you must attend a mandatory information session hosted by USC Annenberg Admissions.
Open only to current USC undergraduate students.
See all sessions for the Spring 2021 semester below. RSVP for an information session here. These sessions are open only to current USC undergraduate students. Attending an information session is mandatory for USC first-year, sophomore, or junior students, but is not required for 2021 graduating seniors.
Information sessions for master’s degrees in communication and public diplomacy:
- Friday, January 29: 1 p.m.–2 p.m. PT
- Monday, February 8: 4 p.m.–5.p.m. PT
Information sessions for master’s degrees in journalism and public relations:
- Thursday, February 11: 1 p.m.–2 p.m. PT
- Thursday, February 18: 1 p.m.–2 p.m. PT