Progressive Master’s Degree
At USC Annenberg, a progressive master’s degree is offered in:
- Communication Data Science (MS)*
- Communication Management (MCG)
- Digital Social Media (MS)
- Journalism (MS)
- Public Diplomacy (MPD)
- Public Relations and Advertising (MA)
- Specialized Journalism (MA)
- Specialized Journalism (The Arts) (MA)
* Note: Communication Data Science is jointly taught by USC Annenberg and USC Viterbi. The PDP application process is managed by USC Viterbi Admissions. For more information, visit USC Viterbi’s website.
If you will graduate in May 2023, attend a virtual mandatory information session hosted by USC Annenberg Admissions to learn about the degree program of interest to you and to receive application guidelines. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. However, the final deadline for journalism degree programs is April 1, 2022, and the final deadline for all other degree programs is May 1, 2022.
Instructions for May 2022 graduating seniors
Application guidelines will be published and posted on this page by November 1. If you wish to learn more about the degree programs, attend a virtual information session hosted by USC Annenberg Admissions. A breakout room will focus your application process. Visit USC Undergraduate Education for progressive degree eligibility details and USC application forms.
Note: If you graduate in December 2021, apply for admission through the graduate application process. Review graduate application guidelines on our Graduate Applicants page. Also, learn more about degree programs on our Connect and Visit page.
Information sessions for Communication Data Science (MS), Communication Management (MCG), Digital Social Media (MS), and Public Diplomacy (MPD):
- Wednesday, October 13, 1–2 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 10, 12–1 p.m.
- Monday, December 6, 12–1 p.m.
Information sessions for Journalism (MS), Specialized Journalism (MA), Specialized Journalism (The Arts) (MA), and Public Relations and Advertising (MA):
- Tuesday, October 19, 1–2 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 2, 2–3 p.m.
- Thursday, December 2, 3–4 p.m.
RSVP for an information session here.