High-achieving journalism, public relations and communication majors have the opportunity to earn departmental honors. Continue reading for information on the communication honors application and the journalism and public relations honors nomination processes.
Communication Honors Track
You must complete the following courses:
- COMM 495 – Honors Seminar (4 units) Recommended Preparation: COMM 301
- COMM 497 – Honors Thesis (4 units)
- Required courses cannot be taken concurrently.
- Students may also work with a professor to customize a 400-level course for honors status in place of COMM 495. See adviser for supplemental form.
- Students must receive at least a B+ or higher in the two honors courses.
- Please note that completion of these courses does not guarantee departmental honors. You must also maintain a 3.5 cumulative and COMM GPA in order to graduate with Communication honors.
- Please click here for the COMM Honors application.
Journalism Departmental Honors
Journalism faculty nominates high achieving students to participate in the Journalism Honors Seminar (JOUR 498). Nominations are based on academic achievement, performance in the classroom, leadership and involvement in the school. Students who successfully complete the Honors Seminar course will receive departmental honors