In 2015, the Annenberg Inclusion Initiative began evaluating the prevalence of characters from the LGBT community on screen in media. We also look intersectionally at gender, race/ethnicity, and LGBT characters, including at how individuals are portrayed. See the following studies for more information on the representation of the LGBT community.
Yearly Reports on LGBT Characters On-Screen in Film
- Annual report on gender, race/ethnicity, LGBT status, and disability in film. Includes data on representation, hypersexualization, and employment patterns in popular films (2007-2017).
View previous reports:
- Inequality in 900 Popular Films (2016)
- Inequality in 800 Popular Films (2015)
- Inequality in 700 Popular Films (2014)
Reports on Gender in Film, TV, Digital Content (the CARD report)
- Report examines film, television, and digital content. The study ranks companies based on inclusivity on screen and behind-the camera.