The power and pleasure of podcasting: Workshops
Podcasters are reinventing the personal essay, the talk-radio show, investigative journalism, and the historical documentary, and revitalizing the long-latent art of radio drama and comedy. Every week, dozens of new podcasts are launched in a grassroots and democratic revival of the art of storytelling, made possible by new technology. A two-day event explores this rapidly evolving format, which especially resonates with audiences underserved by traditional media. Evening performances with a diverse group of influential podcast producers will be followed by a series of hands-on workshops offering practical tips and tools on the production and business of podcasting.
The Performance and Reception event can be found here.
Schedule of Events:
- 9 a.m.: Check-in and coffee
- 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.: Workshop 1—The Podcasting Landscape with Kerri Hoffman (PRX)
- 10:30 to 10:45 a.m.: Break
- 10:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Workshop 2—The Production Basics with George Lavender (Wondery) and Taz Ahmed (Good Muslim Bad Muslim)
- 12:30 p.m to 1 p.m.: Lunch is provided
- 1 to 2:30 p.m.: Workshop 3—The Business of Podcasting with Arielle Nissenblatt (Earbuds Podcast Collective)
Admission is free. Reservations required.