CANCELED: 30th Annual Kenneth Owler Smith Symposium on Public Relations
This event has been canceled.
Please join us on April 16, 2020 for the 30th Kenneth Owler Smith Symposium.
The Kenneth Owler Smith Symposium is USC Annenberg’s annual overview of the public relations industry. It has been the premier event for public relations students and practitioners in Southern California since its inception in 1990.
This year’s theme is “New Activism.” Join us as we share research and host a panel discussion on the growth and influence of activism and engagement with the corporate world.
Keynote Conversation with Jay Carney, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs, Amazon
Interviewed by Willow Bay, Dean, USC Annenberg
Panel Discussion moderated by Damon Jones, Vice President, Global Communications and Advocacy, Procter & Gamble
- Damon Jones VP, Global Communications and Advocacy, Procter & Gamble
- Jay Carney Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs, Amazon
- Brendan Duff Co-Founder, March For Our Lives
- April Reign Diversity & Inclusion Advocate, #OscarsSoWhite
- Jamie Margolin Co-Founder, Zero Hour
- Welcome reception at 5 p.m.
- The event begins promptly at 6:30 p.m.
Admission is free for PRSA and IABC member professionals, PRSSA chapter members, and Annenberg students, alumni and educators. Auditorium seating may be limited to accommodate USC Annenberg evening PR classes.
Parking at USC is $14; note that Lyft can drop you directly at Wallis Annenberg Hall. See the USC map here.
Overflow seating will be available.