Industry Insights: The myth of objectivity?
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
5 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Wallis Annenberg Hall (ANN), The Sheindlin Forum (106)
Join USC Annenberg students and alumni for a conversation about how journalists are building trust with their audience. In a time when the news media is under constant attack and stories are easily dismissed as “fake news,” strong ethical journalism is more important than ever. Learn how some local journalists are building trust, demonstrating their credibility and helping their audience better understand the decisions made in their newsroom by being transparent.
- 5 p.m. Check-in
- 5:15 p.m. Panel Discussion with Q&A
- 6:00 p.m. Networking
- 6:30 p.m. Event Concludes
Moderator: Yazmin Cruz, Annenberg Leadership Fellow
- Giovanni Moujaes, Digital Journalist, Emerging Platforms Video Producer, KTLA
- Laura Davis, Assistant Professor of Professional Practice at USC Annenberg + Coach, TrustingNews.org
- Alejandra Molina, National Reporter at Religion News Service
- Marina Perelman, Assistant News Director, NBC4
Light appetizers and refreshments will be served.
Complimentary parking will be provided for guests who RSVP.