Public Relations — sometimes called Strategic Communication — is a dynamic, fast-growing discipline found in organizations of all types, including non-profits, entertainment firms, sports teams, social action groups, universities and Fortune 500 companies. Its purpose is to help those organizations achieve their goals by maintaining healthy relationships with their most important audiences. Practitioners use a wide variety of creative strategies and tactics, including both digital/social media and traditional mass media, as their most important tools. Every day thousands of PR professionals rely on the training they received at USC Annenberg to analyze trends, develop and implement sophisticated programs, and counsel senior management. Internships with leading PR agencies, non-profit organizations, entertainment companies and government agencies provide real-world experience that prepares students for successful careers.
Total Units: 44
Required Courses, Lower Division
- PR 209 Effective Writing for Strategic Public Relations (4 units)
- PR 250 Strategic Public Relations: An Introduction (4 units)
Required Courses, Upper Division
- PR 351a Strategic Public Relations Media and Content (4 units)
- PR 351b Strategic Public Relations Media and Content (4 units)
- PR 429 Business and Economic Foundations of Public Relations (4 units)
- PR 450 Advanced Strategic Public Relations (4 units)
- PR 463 Strategic Public Relations Research, Analysis and Insights (4 units)
Plus 16 upper-division PR and/or JOUR elective units chosen in consultation with an adviser.
This page is based on the current 2022-2023 USC Catalogue. The 2023-2024 USC Catalogue will be published in Summer 2022.