Thursday, February 22, 2018
5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Wallis Annenberg Hall (ANN), L105A and Forum
The Women’s Leadership Society presents “Female Founders,” a panel discussion about the successful entrepreneurial journeys undertaken by women from different industries who are making their mark in today’s highly-competitive innovation economy.
Have a great idea? Let’s get it started! WLS is bringing together four female founders for a candid conversation on entrepreneurial career paths. Topics we’ll cover:
- What kind of business could I start?
- How will I get money? Do I have to raise venture capital, or connect with an angel investor?
- What's it like to join a VC-backed company that's growing fast?
- What’s it like to bootstrap my business with capital from friends and family?
- What are non-traditional entrepreneurial careers I can have inside an established company?
- How do I get past my fears and go for it?
Join us on February 22nd for a lively conversation about what it’s like to be a founder and CEO.
Our panellists will include:
- Amber Allen, CEO and Chief Strategist for Double A
- Libby Bush, CEO and Founder, Tandem Entertainment
- Talia Goldstein, CEO and Founder, Three Day Rule
- Magdalena Yesil, Founder, Broadway Angels; founding board member and first investor of Salesforce; author, Power Up: How Smart Women Win in the New Economy
Our moderator will be Jill James, founder and president of SiF Industries, LLC.
This event is the second installment in a three-part speaker series on Women & Entrepreneurship sponsored by WLS for Spring 2018.
- 5:00–6:30 p.m. ANN Auditorium
- 6:30–7:00 p.m. Reception, ANN Forum