Diversity in children’s media
Join USC Annenberg for a panel with high-level executives from companies like Disney who have created programs such as Doc McStuffins, Elena of Avalor, and The Proud Family for a discussion about the importance of diversity in children’s media.
- Chris Nee, Creator/Executive Producer of Doc McStuffins
- Silvia Cardenas Olivas, Co-Executive Producer/Head Writer, Maya and the Three, and Story Editor, Elena of Avalor
- Doreen Spicer Dannelly, Writer, The Proud Family, Jump In! and Random House book, Love Double Dutch!
- Lisa Yee, author of 20+ novels for kids, including the DC Super Hero Girls series
- Kirk Damato, CMA LA Founding Member, participant in the Jim Henson Company’s Diversity Puppeteer Training Initiative and former BuzzFeed Diversity Council member
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for an opportunity to network with professionals from the Children’s Media Association Los Angeles. The panel discussion will start at 7:30.
Register using the link below and use the promo code “USCDiversity” if you are affiliated with USC.