Black and brown baggage: Handling microaggressions and exclusion in the classroom
Thursday, September 17, 2020
12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m. PT
All USC faculty, staff and students are welcome to attend this conversation on microaggressions in the classroom. Microaggressions and exclusion in the classroom have consistently plagued USC students of color. In this session, we seek to define what microaggressions are, what their impact is in the classroom and university community. Additionally, we will discuss strategies for addressing microaggressions, policing them, and creating a safer community for our students.
This event is sponsored by the University Club of USC.
- Miki Turner, Moderator, Annenberg School for Communication, Assistant Professor of Professional Practice
- Laura Castaneda, Annenberg School for Communication, Professor of Professional Practice of Journalism
- Kim Finney, Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work, Clinical Associate Professor
- Brandi Jones, Viterbi School of Engineering, Vice Dean of Diversity and Strategic Initiatives
- Sharoni Little, Marshall School of Business, Vice Dean for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Alison Trope, Annenberg School for Communication, Clinical Professor of Communication
- Billy Vela, La Casa, Center Director