Industry Insights: When covering communities, how close is too close?
Join USC Annenberg students and alumni for an industry insight conversation about the coverage of marginalized communities. How can we help make sure that the story that needs to be told is told in an unbiased way? We want to explore the criticism that comes from some in the industry who caution journalists of color being “too close” to their story.
- 6 p.m. Check-In
- 6:15 p.m. Panel Discussion with Q&A
- 6:45 p.m. Networking
- 7:30 p.m. Event Concludes
- Tre’vell Anderson Director of Culture & Entertainment, OUT Magazine
- Frank Shyong Columnist, Los Angeles Times
- Leslie Berestein Rojas Immigration and Emerging Communities Reporter, 89.3KPCC
- Jessica Hilo Senior Social Media Editor NBCNews.com (USC Annenberg Alumna)
- Traci G. Lee Annenberg Leadership Fellow (@traciglee): Traci Lee is an award-winning producer with experience in journalism, digital media, and video/film production. She is currently a freelance journalist and an Annenberg Leadership Initiative Fellow at USC Annenberg’s School for Communication and Journalism.