Fall 2020 PR/JOUR D-Clearance Process
All courses (JOUR, PREL, COMM, ASCJ):
If a course is open registration “R” and has space available, please register online via Web Registration.
Open Communication Courses “R” – Spaces Available:
COMM courses will remain open registration “R” through the second week of the semester and will require D-clearance starting the third week of the semester. If a course is open registration “R” and has space available, please register via online Web Registration.
Open Journalism and Public Relations Courses “R” – Spaces Available:
If a journalism or public relations course is open “R” and has space available, please register via online Web Registration. All Journalism and Public Relations courses will require D-clearance starting the second week of the semester. Students will not be able to add courses with pre-requisites and that are not open to non-majors. Please contact your major advisor if you have questions or need help configuring your schedule.
COMM, JOUR, PREL & ASCJ Courses – Requires D-clearance or are closed
Note: There is no guarantee that you will be able to add a course the requires d-clearance or is closed.
Follow these steps to attempt to add a course it is closed or requires D-clearance:
- Locate the professor’s email using the faculty/staff directory (can be found in MyUSC or here).
- Send the professor your add request via email.
- Use your USC email address.
- Include your full legal name, USC ID number and the specific section five-digit section number of the course you’d like to add.
- The professor will review your request and will forward it on to the appropriate USC Annenberg Department for processing.
- Check your USC email address for the response. You should receive a response 24-48 hours after the request has been received.