When may I submit my application?
The online USC Graduate Admission application will open on September 1, 2017 and the LSE application opens early in October. If you choose to apply after February 1, check the program availability on the LSE Web site: http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/availableProgrammes.aspx.
Am I required to submit applications to both schools?
You must submit online admission application to LSE and USC.
First, complete the online LSE application at: http://www.lse.ac.uk/GraduateApplyOnline and pay the LSE application fee. See the LSE website for details, or contact the LSE Student Recruitment Office for details: email@example.com or 020 7955 6613. You must submit all required supporting materials (résumé, statement of purpose, etc.) to complete this application.
Second, complete the online USC Graduate Admission Application at: www.usc.edu/admission/graduate/applyonline. The USC application fee is waived if you select the fee waiver option. You are not required to upload your résumé, writing samples or reference materials to the USC application. However, you must request to have your English proficiency test scores reported to USC if required. Also, official transcripts (original language and English translations) from all universities attended must be submitted to the USC Office of Graduate Admission.
Is there a certain GPA required for admission to this degree program?
Although no GPA guarantees admission, a minimum 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) cumulative GPA from your undergraduate institution, or the international equivalent, is required for this degree program.
What admission test scores are required?
Only IELTS or TOEFL scores are required from some international student applicants (depending upon where the bachelor’s degree was earned). The GRE is not required by LSE or USC for admission to this degree.
What financial support is available?
For the first year at LSE, refer to: http://www.lse.ac.uk/intranet/students/moneyMatters/tableOfFees/home.aspx for the fees.
U.S. citizens and permanent residents may apply for financial aid through LSE at: http://www.lse.ac.uk/intranet/LSEServices/financeDivision/feesAndStudentFinance/feesAndLoans/LoansUSA.aspx.
For the second year at USC Annenberg, U.S. citizens and permanent residents may apply for federal need-based financial aid. International students must demonstrate proof of ability to live and study at USC.
All students are eligible to apply for USC Annenberg departmental merit scholarships and research associate positions for their second year at USC; application forms and instructions are disseminated during the Lent term of your first year at the LSE.
Are there opportunities to learn more about the M.A./MSc in Global Communication?
Refer to the LSE and USC Annenberg websites for details about campus visit programs, online information sessions and events that faculty and admissions officers will attend in your local area.
Go to https://usc.liaisoncas.com to apply. The online USC Graduate Admission Application opens September 1, 2017.
Upload official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (including USC) to the Academic History section of the application.
- Include the legend for domestic institutions and the grading scale for international institutions.
- International transcripts should include the original language and the English translation as one document.
- Do not upload transcripts from your student portal.
After receiving your USC ID*, mail official transcripts (original language and English translation) from all colleges and universities attended and any study abroad programs to:
University of Southern California
Office of Graduate Admission
3601 South Flower St., Room 112
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0915
*USC Graduate Admission will send your USC ID via email 2-3 days after you submit your online graduate admission application.
All program materials must be submitted online with the application in English. Once the application has been submitted, you may not upload or change any program materials. Once submitted, all materials and documents become the property of USC and will not be returned.
English Language Testing Requirements
(Inernational Applicants Only)
Valid test scores must be reported electronically from the testing agency to USC (code 4852 for TOEFL. For IELTS, select University of Southern California Graduate Programs).
- International applicants must submit valid TOEFL or IELTS scores; scores are valid if taken August 2016 or later.
- International applicants who completed their entire undergraduate degree in the United States or another Anglophone country where English is both the language of instruction and the only official language of the country are exempt from submitting TOEFL or IELTS scores. Completing a graduate degree in an Anglophone county does not exempt you from submitting TOEFL or IELTS scores.
Application Fee Waiver
Applicants to the Global Communication program are eligible for a fee waiver on the USC application. Please be sure to complete the following steps to request a USC application fee waiver. This process must be completed prior to submitting your USC Graduate Admission Application.
- Start your online application and select the Global Communication program.
- Complete the USC Graduate Admission contact form at http://gradadm.usc.edu/contact/.
- Select Application Fee Waiver Requests, then Applying to a Dual Degree Program from the appropriate drop down menu.
a. Make sure to use the same email address as your application and indicate that you are applying to the Global Communication program in the message box.
- You will receive an email notification when your fee waiver is approved. You must wait to receive this confirmation in order to skip the payment page when you submit your application.