São Paulo, Brazil
The São Paulo Graduate Internship program offers USC Annenberg students opportunities to experience the booming start-up and communication fields from a Brazilian perspective. In collaboration with Campus Brasil, Annenberg students intern for 35 hours a week while participating in professional networking activities, skills-based workshops, and organized cultural activities.
The program runs eight weeks from mid-May to mid-July each summer. The summer 2019 program runs eight weeks from June 1st - July 27th.
Students will receive 1 unit of academic credit and will enroll in JOUR 545 or CMGT 591, depending on academic program. Additional instructions will be provided to students upon admission to the program.
- Live in Latin America’s largest city and Brazil’s financial center
- Enjoy performances, museums, and exhibits that make Sao Paulo the cultural capital of Latin America
- Experience the energy of a high-energy, ethnically vibrant city
- Tailored internship placements to each student: companies are diverse, from start-ups like Startup Brasil and Brazil Innovators to agency and boutique PR and communication firms
Students live in the newly renovated Campus Casa, a “learner lodge” with lounges, study space, and kitchen facilities. The housing is a five-minute walk to the metro and adjacent to the neighborhood’s police station.
Open to all USC Annenberg graduate students.
Please see the detailed estimated program costs below for Summer 2019. Please note that these costs are subject to change without notice:
- Tuition: 1 unit: $1,863
- Program Fees (includes orientation, internship placement, and housing) $4,835
- USC Overseas Health Insurance*: $1,311 (Spring 2019 rate)
- Round Trip Airfare: $1,700
- Personal Expenses (food, entertainment, weekend travel, etc.): $1,500
Annenberg International Programs offers a limited number of scholarships for this program. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*USC Overseas Health Insurance is required on all USC-approved study abroad programs. If a student is already enrolled in USC Health Insurance there will be no additional charge for USC Overseas Health Insurance. If a student waives out of USC Health Insurance on campus, students will be charged USC Overseas Health Insurance at a rate of $97/month.