Hong Kong SAR, China
Applications are now open! APPLY HERE. Applications are due NOVEMBER 1st.
In collaboration with The Intern Group, Annenberg students intern for 35 hours a week while living in one of the most unique cities in the world. Get hands-on experience and exposure to both the international media and Asian markets in a cosmopolitan city where East meets West and the global media and communication fields thrive.
The program runs from mid-May to mid-July each summer. The summer 2020 program dates are May 23rd - July 18th.
Sample Placements (not guaranteed)
- The Marketing Store
- Insight Robotics
- Hong Kong Tatler
Students will receive 1 unit of academic credit and will enroll in JOUR 545 or CMGT 591, depending on academic program. Additional instructions will be provided to students upon admission to the program.
- Experience Asia’s economic powerhouse as Hong Kong serves as a leading commercial center
- Attend networking events with media professionals, commercial tycoons, Wall Street power-players, and fashion industry go-getters
- Cultivate workplace skills, intercultural competence, and work 1:1 with the Intern Group’s professional Alumni Success Coach
- Program fees include transportation and excursions to Macau, Lantau Island, and The Peak
- Receive 24/7 Support from the local team
- Optional* program-sponsored Mandarin/Cantonese workshops (*additional costs incurred)
Students live in a private bedroom in a shared mixed gender apartment on Hong Kong Island and Kowloon side. Accommodation is typically a 30-45 min commute to the internship placement.
Open to all USC Annenberg graduate students.
Please see the detailed estimated program costs below for Summer 2019. Please note that these costs are subject to change without notice:
- Tuition: 1 unit: $1,912
- Program Fees (includes orientation, internship placement, and housing) HK$51,400 Hong Kong Dollars, which is currently equivalent to about USD$6,624.
- USC Overseas Health Insurance*: $1,311 (Spring 2019 rate)
- Round Trip Airfare: $1,000
- Personal Expenses (food, entertainment, weekend travel, etc.): $1,500
TOTAL: approximately $12,367
Annenberg International Programs offers a limited number of scholarships for this program. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*USC Overseas Health Insurance is required for all USC-approved study abroad programs. If a student is already enrolled in USC Health Insurance there will be no additional charge for USC Overseas Health Insurance. If a student waives out of USC Health Insurance on campus, students will be charged USC Overseas Health Insurance at a rate of $97/month.