Summer 2018 graduate internship program applications are now closed.
It’s no surprise that Berlin, a hub for digital technology, global communications, and cultural diplomacy, has been named the “coolest city on the planet” by major media outlets. The Berlin Graduate Internship program offers USC Annenberg students the opportunity to explore the communication and journalism fields from a distinctively global perspective. In collaboration with the Academic Internship Council, Annenberg students intern for 35 hours a week while participating in professional networking activities, skills-based workshops, and organized cultural activities. By living in the heart of the Kreuzberg district, one of the most vibrant neighborhoods in Berlin, students are encouraged to integrate into the local culture and experience the complex history of Berlin.
The program runs eight weeks from mid-May to mid-July each summer. Final program dates will be provided to students once determined.
Sample Placements (not guaranteed)
- NPR Berlin
- MTV Germany/Viacom
- Digital Health Berlin
- Factory Berlin
- BOLD Communication & Marketing
- Crispy Content
- Additional accelerators/incubators in Silicon Allee
Students will receive 1 unit of academic credit and will enroll in JOUR 545 or CMGT 591, depending on academic program. Additional instructions will be provided to students upon admission to the program.
- Intern at an English-speaking placement
- Experience working in “Silicon Allee” Europe’s thriving tech and media hub
- Explore Berlin’s rich cultural offerings from world-renown museums to major historical sites
- Witness a multicultural mecca: 100,000 foreigners moved to Berlin in 2015 alone
- Stay within your budget - Berlin is one of Europe’s most affordable cities
Students live in shared apartments at the CIEE Global Center in Kreuzberg, one of Berlin’s diverse and trendiest neighborhoods. Kitchens are also fully furnished with basic cooking utensils and cleaning supplies. The CIEE Global Center offers an on-site café, lounges, common areas, and courtyards where students can work and relax.
Open to all USC Annenberg graduate students.
Please see the detailed estimated program costs below for Summer 2018. Note that these costs are subject to change without notice:
- Tuition: 1 unit: $1,800
- Program Fees (includes orientation, internship placement and housing) $5,700
- USC Overseas Health Insurance*: $1,205 (Spring 2018 rate)
- Round Trip Airfare: $1,700
- Personal Expenses (food, entertainment, weekend travel, etc.): $1,500
Annenberg International Programs offers a limited number of scholarships for this program. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*USC Overseas Health Insurance is required on all USC-approved study abroad programs. If a student is already enrolled in USC Health Insurance there will be no additional charge for USC Overseas Health Insurance. If a student waives out of USC Health Insurance on campus, students will be charged USC Overseas Health Insurance at a rate of $97/month.