The Arts Journalism Master Program is designed to expose you to arts and culture in Los Angeles, imagining and producing journalism that is as creative as the artists you are covering. This program honors and imparts classical journalism values, while encouraging independent and critical thinking. It allows you to concentrate in more depth on the arts and culture in which you already specialize. Upon successful completion of the Specialized Journalism (The Arts) program students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the diversity of peoples and cultures and of the significance and impact of journalism in a global society.
- Think critically, creatively and independently.
- Write correctly and clearly in forms and styles appropriate for the audiences and purposes they serve.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethical principles and work ethically in pursuit of truth, accuracy, fairness and diversity.
- Apply tools and technologies appropriate for the text, audio, video and/or web stories they are telling.
- Be competent, inspired leaders in arts and journalism.
- Surprise yourself!