Knight Grants for Reporting on Religion and American Public Life
- Candidates must be working journalists – this program is NOT intended for journalism students or journalism educators.
- Candidates must be US citizens.
- Freelancers and/or self-employed individuals who regularly publish online, in print or over the airwaves ARE eligible. These individuals’ applications should be accompanied by either a letter of recommendation by a newsroom editor/manager at an organization that regularly publishes or broadcasts the applicant’s work OR by an experienced journalist who can speak to the applicant’s work in convincing detail.
- Advanced degrees or specialized training in the arts are NOT REQUIRED.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national or international origin, color, sex, age, veteran status, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applications be given equal opportunity and that our selection is based upon merit alone.
To apply, click here or contact us for more information.