Eligibility Requirements for 2013
The program is looking for arts journalists who are:
Poet Marisela Norte (left) and artist Gronk surrounded by his murals in his downtown studio.
- committed to finding and telling stories in new ways, thinking about journalism as a dynamic system and process rather than a product, as well as those who care about finding better ways to engage with audiences.
- committed to thinking imaginatively about information architecture, user interaction, storytelling and visualization of multi-level data with design that is intuitive, simple and fun to use.
- committed to imaginatively finding, adapting and integrating existing digital tools with a focus on ideas/intent behind what is developed rather than specific ways to realize them.
Other standard requirements:
- All critics, reporters, writers, bloggers, columnists, editors, broadcasters or producers who specialize in arts, culture or entertainment for an online, newspaper, magazine or broadcast media organization MAY apply.
- The program is NOT intended for entry-level journalists, students or journalism educators.
- Staff, freelancers and self-employed journalists, designers and developers ARE welcome.
- Journalists who are, or have been, professional or amateur artists are encouraged to apply.
- Artists who are, or have been, professional or amateur arts writers, critics, reporters or editors, are encouraged to apply.
- This is a NATIONAL and INTERNATIONAL program, applicants from anywhere may apply. Typically one to two finalists come from outside the United States.
- Advanced degrees or specialized training in the arts are NOT required.
- If you have already participated in a USC Annenberg/Getty Fellowship, you may NOT apply. But we do welcome past applicants.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national or international origin, color, sex, age, veteran status, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applications be given equal opportunity and that our selection is based upon merit alone.
At the Getty Center, a fellow snaps a fellow through De Wain Valentine's Red Concave Circle at the "Pacific Standard Time: Crosscurrents in L.A. Painting and Sculpture, 1950-1970."
Applications are only available electronically, we do NOT accept any application materials through email or postal mail, applications will only be accepted through the provided online form.
Important! If you have applied in previous years you are still required to submit a complete application. Past applicants are not automatically rolled over into the 2013 applicant pool.
Questions? click here
Deadline for submission is July 9, 2013 until 11:59pm Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). Admission Committee’s decision will be emailed or communicated by phone to you by August 5, 2013.
How To Apply
| About the Program
| Fellows | Past Schedules | Major Events | Photos | Press Releases | Staff | FAQ